I plan weddings, beautiful, charming, romantic weddings. I love LOVE. I work with brides that have planned their weddings since they were young girls, the fairy tale, over the top extravaganza. For a year the couple is focused on the ceremony and reception. It is a very exciting time for the entire family but there can be some stressful moments.
Things can get overwhelming quickly so here are some tips to get started.
• Budget A beautiful wedding is possible with any budget. You just need a plan. A realistic plan. Who is paying? What can you afford to spend? What do you want to splurge on and what can you do without?
• Timeline Plan your calendar a year ahead of the wedding date if you can. I have planned a wedding in 4 months but it does create some problems with getting your first choice in venues and vendors, so be flexible.
• Location Traditional religious ceremony in the bride's hometown? A charming venue? Destination? It is easier to see what weekends are available and choose a date if you have your heart set on ceremony site.
• Bridal Party Who will participate in your wedding party? Ask as soon as possible so they can plan their
• Dress Have fun. There is a dress out there for you!
• Invitations How many will you send? What style?
• Flowers, Photography, Color Palette The options are unlimited so try and stay focused.
• Reception A sit down dinner, a cocktail party or a backyard bash, how do you want to celebrate?
Please remember a wedding is a day but your marriage is for a lifetime. Spend some time planning for that too!
Have a love filled week!