Thursday, January 7, 2010

No Resolutions

I don't make resolutions....never really have. Oh I will say I plan on being skinny by summer, or I am going to work out 3 or more times a week so my arms will look great by summer, or okay you get the idea.

I never think it is a good idea to make life changing decisions on New Year's Eve when you have a drink in your hand (and after you have consumed a few earlier in the evening) but I am a sucker for a new year and all the possibilities it holds. So I made a couple of decisions on the long car ride home the other day and I will share them with you.

First, I am going to live more authentically. I am going to find my joy. Really....I know it sounds silly but I have found that people aren't honest in their lives. They do things they don't want to do because they think they should and don't do things they want to 'cause what will people think. So here is my advice to you....don't be a martyr. No one but you will notice. Do things in love and be generous without any thought of acknowledgement. Don't expect anything in return and guess what happens? Karma baby....good karma! Like your Mama used to say "What goes around, comes around" and it does, you're just not always there to see it.

Next, I am going to let the people in my life that are important to me know it. I am going to make an effort to really connect and not just pass texts and quick phone messages back and forth. Friendship is so important and so easy to take advantage of. I have a ton of acquaintances but only a handful of friends who would hold my hair while I puck...you know who you are! I couldn't imagine how I would have survived this past month without that love and support.

So, no resolutions, to much pressure. Instead, just make an adjustment of priorities and guess what? You will find your joy too.

Joyfully yours,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment